Diet Type: ALKALINE
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped small
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed
- 3 bunches spinach
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 package (6 ounces) silken tofu, drained
- 2 ½ cups packed basil leaves
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼-½ himalayan salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼-½ cup water, as needed
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the spinach and cook for 1 minute. Then, immediately plunge spinach into ice water to stop cooking. Drain spinach by pressing out excess water in a colander. Repeat the blanching process with asparagus and green beans, boiling each 2-3 minutes each.
- When cooled, chop the asparagus and green beans into one-inch segments and set aside.
- Mix the tomatoes with 2 chopped garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons chopped basil and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the ingredients for the pesto. Process until smooth and creamy. Add a little water at a time until you have a thick consistency. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Plate the bowl by placing a little bit of each vegetable side by side. Top with the cherry tomato mixture and garnish with basil leaves and walnuts. Spoon some pesto on the side. Eat as is or serve on top a bed of quinoa or brown rice.
View this post on Instagram
4 Most Popular Green Sauces you Should Know— all have about 5 ingredients or less. With a simple blender or food processor you can make these sauces to marinate proteins or vegetables, serve as a dipping sauce or as a condiment to bring a brightness to your meal. Most are primarily herbs which are full of antioxidants and great nutrition! So, try a green sauce today. It’s also a great way to use herbs that might be on their way out- so don’t throw them out. . Simple recipes below. ✈️🌎⤵️ . —Salsa verde🇲🇽- boil chiles, tomatillos, piece of onion in a little water for a couple minutes and then blend. Add cilantro. Great for shrimp, fish and all tacos. . —Chimichurri 🇦🇷- chop up parsley, cilantro, garlic, olive oil and red wine vinegar. Mix together. Great for steak or grilled veg. . —Pesto🇮🇹- blend basil, pine or walnuts, cheese, garlic and olive oil. Great for pasta, chicken, veggies. . —Sauce verte🇫🇷- blend herbs like parsley, chervil, tarragon, garlic, and lemon juice then stir into mayo. Great for fried potatoes and grilled fish. . #simplecooking #cooking #cheflife #bluezoneskitchen #healthycooking #herbs #greensauce #chimichurri #salsaverde #pesto #sauceverte #keto #plantbased #eatclean #greensauce #pestopasta #quickrecipes #marinade #grilled #california #garden #socalliving #onlinecooking #glutenfree #glutenfreerecipes #simplecookingcookingshow