Tabuli Salad today with Marta! This is a special recipe my Grandma and I used to make together- in this same bowl! It’s a dish that’s always at the table for our holiday celebrations. And it will continue to be. It’s healthy and full of memories. Thank you Marta for sharing this moment with me. From my kitchen to yours 🤗 @martascooking
Grandma’s Armenian Tabuli (Vegan)
* 1 cup (200g) fine or small bulgur wheat**
* 2-3 cups (500g) water
* 1 cup (100g) finely chopped green onions
* 1 cup (25g) finely chopped mint
* 1 cup (25g) finely chopped parsley
* ⅓ cup (43g) extra virgin olive oil
* 2-3 lemons
* ½-1 teaspoon salt
* freshly cracked pepper
* 2-3 tomatoes, finely diced (optional)
* ½-1 large cucumber finely diced (optional)
**You may need to go to a health food store or Middle Eastern specialty market to find this. For gluten-free, use 1 cup cooked quinoa and cool it down before mixing with the salad ingredients.
1. Add 1 cup fine bulgur into a large serving bowl. Add water until bulgur is just covered. Let sit for 30 minutes until almost all water is absorbed. If water is not all absorbed after 30 minutes, drain by holding paper towel over bowl tightly and drain. If all water is absorbed before 30 minutes, add more water to keep bulgur moist.
2. While bulgur is soaking, chop all ingredients. Then mix bulgar with all herbs and vegetables in a large bowl.
3. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, ½ tsp salt and some pepper in a small container. Stir well. Pour dressing over bulgar and vegetables in bowl. Taste. Add more lemon juice and/or salt if desired.