One of my meal prep clients requests this salad every week. It’s not a sweet curry chicken salad with loads of mayonnaise that you find in the market. It’s savory and very light.
I love it because the chicken is flavorful.
I roast the chicken with curry powder in the oven to infuse the chicken with curry flavor.
Eat it during the week in a wrap or on salad for a quick meal.
Chicken Curry Chicken Salad
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 ribs celery, chopped fine
- 8″ X 8″ baking dish
- Mixing Bowl
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Place chicken breasts in 8″ X 8″ baking dish or other small baking dish. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix the garlic cloves, 1 Tbsp. curry powder, butter, and salt together. It’s easiest if the butter is softened a little. Rub this butter mixture under the skin of the chicken as best you can. Rub all over the chicken.
3. Place rubbed down chicken in the oven for at least 45 minutes. Check internal temperature of chicken with thermometer. (It should reach 165 F). Continue cooking for additional 10-20 minutes until 165 F is reached.
4. Remove chicken from oven and let cool until you can handle it. Then, shred chicken with fork or with your fingers. Cool chicken completely to room temp or keep in the fridge.
5. When chicken is cool, add chopped celery ½ Tbsp. curry powder, olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix up well and add salt and pepper if needed. Keep in fridge for 3-4 days.