Recipe adapted from Purple Carrot website
- 6 oz Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ¼ oz fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 14 oz organic extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 4 oz curly kale, destemmed, leaves roughly chopped
- 2 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart® Soy-Free Vegenaise®
- ¼ cup tomato chutney
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you’re making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add potatoes, 2 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet, and toss. Roast until potatoes are browned and crisp in places, 20 to 22 minutes. Add garlic and parsley to the potatoes, and toss. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil)
Crumble the tofu into bite-size pieces. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until caramelized, 4 to 5 minutes. Add just half the tofu and turmeric, and cook until tofu is golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIPS: Save the remaining tofu for your own use. Work in batches for the 4-serving meal.
Return the large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat and add kale and a splash of water. Cook until kale is bright green and wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. TIP: We will use this skillet again in step 5.
Place tortillas on a flat surface and spread Vegenaise on each tortilla. Top with cooked kale, turmeric tofu and onion, garlic parsley potatoes, and tomato chutney. Roll the burritos, tucking in the sides as you go.
Wipe the large nonstick skillet clean and return to medium heat with 2 tsp vegetable oil. Add burritos seam side down and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut crispy tofu burritos in half. Tuck in! TIPS: Work in batches for the 4-serving meal, adding more oil as necessary. For easy eating, wrap your burritos in parchment before slicing.