I’ve been making this rice for my clients for years now. It’s always a favorite because its flavorful and goes great with Mexican and Asian foods. Yes, I got the idea from Chipotle!
It’s easy to make and the biggest takeaway from this post is SOAK your rice. I always soak my rice 20-30 minutes before cooking it now because it makes it fluffier. I always use white rice too because they say brown rice has higher levels of the metal, arsenic. Try soaking your rice and tell me what you think. You’ll never go back?
Cilantro Lime Rice
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 cup Jasmine or Basmati rice
- 1/2-1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ lime, zested
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro leaves
- Small to medium pot with lid
- Microplane or fine zester
- Fine mesh strainer
1. Soak rice in the same pot you’ll cook it in. Add rice and fill with water to at least 1 inch above rice. Let soak 20-30 minutes. Then, drain with a strainer and rinse briefly. Then, place rice back into the pot and add suggested water (read rice packet). Bring to a boil, add salt and oil. Then, lower to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
2. After 15 minutes, remove lid and add zest of ½ a lime and chopped cilantro leaves. Stir in. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
Serve with Fajitas or Tacos.
|Lime zest (left) and chopped cilantro (right)|
|Stir in and enjoy the aroma|
More Recipes You Might Like:
Chef Joanna | Chef Joanna’s Kitchen
View this post on Instagram
This post contains affiliated links. Please read my disclosure page.