These are my favorite gluten free pancakes for sure. I think adding baking powder makes the big difference. They feel like a real pancake and the best part is that there is no added sugar. The bananas sweeten it so you don’t need syrup (but I needed a drizzle).
Hope you enjoy this simple recipe. The whole thing can be made in the blender. No need to buy oat flour- just blend whole rolled oats in your blender.
No Sugar Added Gluten-free Banana Pancakes
• 2 medium ripe bananas (best when they have lots of brown spots)
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• Olive oil, for cooking
1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until completely smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
2. Lightly coat a griddle with coconut oil, vegan butter or olive oil and place over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add 1/3 cup of the batter to the griddle for each pancake and cook for 2-4 minutes until pancakes slightly puff up and you see a few bubbles along the edges.
3. They brown quickly so lower the heat in the pan. I keep them warm in my toaster oven set to 250 F. Makes 9 pancakes.