I made this salad as a side dish to grilled shrimp tacos and a cabbage slaw. It’s light and can be served hot or cold.
Ingredients (for 4-5)
- 1 cup white quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped small
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, whites and greens sliced thin
- ¼ bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. neutral oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions with water. Cool completely. You can do this the day before.
- In a large bowl, mix all the chopped ingredients together to the cooled quinoa.
- Make the dressing by stirring it with a whisk in a small bowl or mixing it up in a jar.
- Mix the dressing into the salad and you’re done!