I got this original idea from “Ramsay in 10”- the new YouTube series I’ve been binging on. I changed his version up slightly and it turned out amazing. I actually licked the plate and surprised myself. So this is EXACTLY how I made it so I can make it for myself again- and for your benefit too of course! 😂
See my full video for the how-to.
* 1-2 cross sections of cauliflower
* 3 garlic cloves
* 3-4 branches fresh thyme
* 3-4 Tbsp butter
* 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
* 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* ¼ cup olive oil
* ½ lemon, juiced
* Pinch of salt
* Pinch red pepper flakes
Toasted Spices and nuts
* 1/2 tsp. Coriander seeds
* ½ tsp cumin seeds
* 2 Tbsp. Slivered or sliced almonds
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”; amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “chefjoannas20-20”; amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = “bottom”; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “search”; amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”; amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”; amzn_assoc_region = “US”; amzn_assoc_title = “Shop Related Products”; amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = “ramsay in 10”; amzn_assoc_default_category = “All”; amzn_assoc_linkid = “8f98fd7e4f75ede250ea09d264b33c79”; .
1. Cut the cauliflower in the middle to get an inch-thick slab.
2. Heat a sauté pan until hot. Then add oil and smashed garlic and thyme. Add cauliflower and then add butter. Turn down heat a bit.
3. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side and baste with a spoon. Add a tablespoon of water halfway through and cover partially with a lid. Cook until fork tender.
4. Meanwhile toast spices and nuts in a dry pan for a couple minutes or just lightly toasted. Set aside
5. Make salsa verde by combining all ingredients and set aside.
6. To plate place: steak in center of dish, top with salsa verde and finish with the toasted spices and nuts. Enjoy!
More Vegetarian Favorites:
To your wholesome & healthy life,
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see it! @chefjoannas