Happy Cinco de Mayo! 🍹 if you need a reason to have a margarita or Mexican food, today’s your day! 🇲🇽 😂 This is a Blue Zone inspired recipe- meaning it’s meat free!
I fried the beans a bit like my family does to take this recipe up a notch! (The original recipe just uses whole beans that will roll off the tostada) This little step turns an “okay” vegetarian dish to great! The refried beans go on a crispy tostada and are topped with your favorite toppings. It’s a simple weekday dinner. Let your friends and family top their own tostadas like taco night. Oh, and for the adults, I made one of my favorite easy tequila drinks- the MATADOR. I learned it while traveling because it only requires 3 ingredients- pineapple juice, lime and tequila.
Enjoy these Mexican inspired recipes for Cinco de mayo or just a sunny day! Salud!🍻
Black Bean Tostadas
- 1 cup fully cooked black beans or pinto beans, drained
- A couple cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 large avocado
- ½ Persian cucumber, sliced
- ¼ of a purple onion, sliced
- The juice of one lime
- cilantro (to taste)
- 4-6 Corn tostadas
- Heat 1 T oil in a small frying pan and add ½ Chile. Fry a couple seconds and then spoon cooked beans into pan using a slotted spoon (stand back it will splatter).
- Heat over medium heat and smash beans with back of spoon until smooth (about 5 minutes) Add some of the bean’s cooking liquid if it dries out.
- Build your tostada by spoon refried beans first, then toppings of choice. Serve with pickled veg.
INGREDIENTS (for 1)
- 1 1/2 ounces gold tequila
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- Shake the gold tequila, pineapple juice and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass, and serve with ice.
More Posts You Might Like:
#glutenfree #vegan #plantbased #vegetarian #onlinecookingclass #bluezones #bluezoneskitchen #veganlife #veganfoodshare #veganfood #easydinner #easyrecipe #whatsfordinner #foodphotography #homecooking #dinnerideas #comfortfood #realfood #crueltyfree #veganinspo #plantbaseddiet #plantbasedfoodie #dairyfree #whatveganseat #cincodemayo #matador #tostada