A simple and healthy pasta side to accompany any of your grilled dishes. Serve with salmon, chicken, or grilled asparagus & mushrooms, and you’re set for your next party!
Spinach-Basil Pesto (Serves 4)
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 garlic, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 Tablespoon cashews, walnuts, or almonds
- 12 ounces whole wheat Bowtie (Farfalle) pasta
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Prepare the pesto in advance if you have the chance. In a blender or with an immersion blender combine first 7 ingredients. Blend until you get a smooth sauce, store in refrigerator for later use.
This is the immersion blender I recommend…
2. Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. Undercook the pasta a minute or two so you can cook with sauce. Drain pasta water and reserve 1/4 cup of the water.
4. Add halved cherry tomatoes and additional cheese at the last minute of cooking if desired. Serve immediately with salmon and Simply Grilled Asparagus if you like.
One thought on “Whole Wheat Pasta with Spinach-Basil Pesto”
I just have to ask – do you work do catering in sydney or something like that? Your creativity is just impressive.