- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 garlic, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 Tablespoon cashews, walnuts, or almonds
- 12 ounces whole wheat Bowtie (Farfalle) pasta
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Prepare the pesto in advance if you have the chance. In a blender or with an immersion blender combine first 7 ingredients. Blend until you get a smooth sauce, store in refrigerator for later use.
This is the immersion blender I recommend…
4. Add halved cherry tomatoes and additional cheese at the last minute of cooking if desired. Serve immediately with salmon and Simply Grilled Asparagus if you like.