I’m the type of person who loves to eat egg sandwiches for lunch. So, when I first made this recipe I got excited.
You can wrap them in foil and store them in the fridge or freezer. Just heat them up when you want one and you’re good to go.
Hope you like the recipe as much as I did!
Ingredients (makes 6 sandwiches)
6 slices turkey bacon
3 handfuls spinach
¼ tsp. Salt or more
6 English muffins (I like Thomas brand sourdough)
Sriracha or other hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8”x8” square pan.
2. In a large nonstick pan, cook turkey bacon until golden. Then place them on a paper towel to drain. When cool, chop or break bacon up into bite size pieces.
3. Use a paper towel to clean out the nonstick pan. Then cook the spinach in the pan just until it’s wilted. Season it with a little salt and pepper. Then set aside and let spinach cool a little.
4. In a bowl, mix eggs with spinach and turkey bacon pieces. Add 1 Tbsp water or milk to make it fluffier eggs. Pour this mixture into the greased baking dish.
5. Place in oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until set and not jiggly. Let cool. Then slice into 6 squares. Some of them might have to be two rectangles together to fit in the bread.
6. Open up English muffins. Put a slice of egg, then some cheese on top. Add some bacon on top if you have extra. Close with bread.
7. Tear off a piece of foil. Wrap the sandwich in foil. Store in fridge or freezer.
To reheat from fridge: You can use a toaster oven, regular oven, toaster, or microwave. You can put the sandwiches open face or leave them wrapped in foil.
My preferred method is wrapped in foil in the oven. I set the oven to 425 F and toss that breakfast sandwich right on in. Bake it for 8-10 minutes if the oven is already hot, but if not, I will just put it in while it’s preheating and leave it in a little longer – about 10-15 minutes.
Then I unwrap it, squeeze some Sriracha or spread a little avocado on there, and good to go!
For extra toasty: open it up and put oven on broil for 3-5 minutes or until toasty.
To reheat from freezer: it’s recommended to let it defrost the night before. But if you can’t Bake in oven for about 30 minutes in foil.