Hello brunch! Here’s a super simple recipe for brunch that’s a little healthier. I originally wanted to make apple muffins but I was out of apple sauce so I found the next best thing- pancakes.
These come together quickly. It’s nice to find a recipe for pancakes that doesn’t make like 2 dozen pancakes. I love my pancakes… but don’t like standing over the stove for 30 minutes flipping pancakes when I’m already hungry. These make only 9 so you’ll be done by the time your coffee is brewed!
Apple Vanilla Whole Wheat Pancakes
Ingredients (makes 9 pancakes)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, optional
- 1 Whole Eggs , well beaten or Flax meal Egg Replacer
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup almond milk, or milk of choice, cold
- 1 Apple, peeled and grated (grater of choice)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- maple syrup for serving
- sprinkle of cinnamon, optional
- In a medium bowl, stir together wheat flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Add eggs (or the flax eggs), milk, vanilla extract, grated apple, oil, and cinnamon (if using) and whisk just until blended.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat. Spread a thin layer of oil or butter in the pan if not a nonstick pan. Pour a ladle full of the apple vanilla pancake mixture on the skillet. Do not spread the mixture on the skillet.
- Cook until bubbles form and edges start to fry and turn lightly crisp, 3-4 minutes. Flip over and cook until lightly browned.
- Serve the pancakes with toasted walnuts, maple syrup or fruit of choice. I used blueberries.