I made these for my brothers birthday because he’s a gluten free muffin fanatic. He’s not gluten free officially but loves the texture of gluten free muffins. They’re very tender. So here they are!
Ingredients (Makes 12):
• 2 cups gluten-free baking mix or all-purpose flour (plus more)
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
• ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
• 1 cup and 1 tablespoon sugar, divided (I used a mix of regular sugar and coconut sugar)
• 2 large eggs, room temperature
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• ½ cup buttermilk
• 1 heaping cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease muffin pan or line with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to distribute evenly.
3. In large bowl add the butter and 1 cup sugar. Best until fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat briefly.
4. Add 1/2 flour mixture then ½ buttermilk into egg mixture. Stir briefly then add the rest of the buttermilk and flour. Stir just until combined.
5. Toss blueberries with 1 Tbsp flour and then add into the bowl and gently stir in.
6. Portion batter into muffin tins evenly. Sprinkle with a little sugar on top (May not need full tablespoon).
7. Place in the oven and immediately lower heat to 375F (*don’t forget this step!). Bake 26-32 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top.