Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced plus more for decoration
- 1-2 tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, and honey. Whisk up well or shake in a jar.
- Trim and halve Brussels sprouts. Toss Brussels with the dressing.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a roasting tray, trying to get them on a single layer so they roast and get crispy. I use parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, tossing once or twice throughout cooking. They are done when they get a deep golden color and some leaves crisp up.
- When they are done, taste. If they need more flavor,add a little salt and drizzle of honey or squeeze of lemon. (I always do this right before serving so they remain crispy)
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled easily. Just make sure to roast on two or three pans and keep them on a single layer.
- Decorate with lemon wedges.