This recipe is adapted from Ageless Vegan, a great book for delving into vegan recipes.
This little breakfast came together in 10 minutes and only uses a few ingredients. It’s tasty and I didn’t miss having regular french toast after eating it. If you like bananas flambé, you’ll love this French toast version.
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”; amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “chefjoannas20-20”; amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = “bottom”; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “search”; amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”; amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”; amzn_assoc_region = “US”; amzn_assoc_title = “Shop Related Products”; amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = “ageless vegan”; amzn_assoc_default_category = “All”; amzn_assoc_linkid = “8f98fd7e4f75ede250ea09d264b33c79”;
Maple French Toast (2-3 servings)
- 2 ripe bananas
- ⅔ cup unsweetened plant based milk
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp. coconut oil or other oil
- 6 slices old bread (I used sourdough)
- slivered almonds and blueberries (optional)
- Blend bananas, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth. Pour batter into a bowl.
- Dip bread into the batter for about 30 seconds or until it absorbs it.
- Heat a pan with a little oil and when hot, shake off excess batter from bread, place dipped bread into the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 mutes on each side or until golden brown. Its best to keep the heat to a medium low and be patience to get golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, berries, sprinkle of cinnamon, etc.