Do you need NEW healthy bowl ideas? Maybe for meal prep?
This recipe has made it on my meal prep list. It’s a Mediterranean Grain Bowl with a Lemon-Tahini Sauce. I love the sauce and think I’ll make more as a dipping sauce for crudité!
Hope you enjoy this recipe. Roast a few more veggies when you have time, so you can assemble this bowl in 5 minutes or less on the weekdays. Score!
Mediterranean Grain Bowl with Lemon Tahini Herb Sauce
Ingredients (for 4):
* 4 cups kale, spinach or arugula
* Juice of ½ lemon
* 3-4 carrots, halved
* 3 summer squash, halved
* 1 red bell pepper, sliced
* 1 ½ cup cooked chickpeas (or 1 can)
* ½ tsp each turmeric, coriander, cumin, smoked paprika
* 3 cloves garlic, sliced
* 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
* 1 ¾ cups water
* ¼ tsp. turmeric
1. Turn on oven to 425 F.
2. Rinse quinoa and bring to a boil with water, ¼ tsp. Turmeric, salt and pepper. Simmer and cover. Cook 18-20 minutes.
3. Massage spinach or kale with lemon juice, a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Toss chickpeas with spices, 1 clove garlic, olive oil and salt. Place on roasting pan.
5. Do the same with the other veggies (add garlic and spices to toss) Roast for 30 minutes turning halfway through.
6. Done when a little golden brown.
Lemon Tahini Herb Sauce
* ½ cup tahini
* 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
* Juice of 1 lemon
* ½ cup almond or oat milk, unsweetened
* 2 Tbsp. parsley (or dill)
* sea salt to taste
Which Herb sauce ingredients together until it comes together. It might look weird and separate at first, but keep whisking. It comes together with a little elbow grease.
To your happy and healthy life,
Wanna learn more?
Follow me on Instagram! @chefjoannas
Message me if you are interested in 100% whole food plant-based, low-fat cooking classes!