Last week, I teamed up with @JimmyBurroughes to make these simple Cajun Fish Tacos. I did mine with chicken because it’s the quarantine and I couldn’t get out to the grocery store. Chicken worked lovely with these spices.
I’m happy to share this simple recipe Jimmy passed on to me on our Instagram Live story. It’s also posted here via YouTube as well.
The main things happening here:
You make a spice rub for your chicken, fish, or other protein. You make a smoked paprika mayo, you put it in a taco and you top it with your favorite toppings (or whatever you have at this time).
Cajun Fish or Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb. chicken or white fish, cut into finger-size pieces
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. onion flakes
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. lime zest
- 8 tortillas
- 2 c red cabbage
- 1 carrot, julienned or shredded
- 2 spring onions
- 1 avocado
1. Make the mayo first by combining all the mayo ingredients in a bowl.
2. Make the spice rub by mixing all the spices together. Sprinkle it on the chicken or fish.
3. Heat a nonstick pan with a tablespoon of oil and heat it until it shimmers. Cook fish 2 minutes on each side, and chicken for 3 minutes on each side or until temperature reaches 165 F inside. Then, transfer to a a bowl to keep warm.
4. Warm your tortillas in the frying pan, microwave, or comal (Mexican tortilla skillet).
5. Place chicken or fish in a tortilla, top with mayo and the toppings you desire. Eat hot. I like to enjoy with some good Mexican beer like Corona.
|Jimmy’s from New Zealand and is an awesome Business Coach|