This is a great recipes you can have on the table in 30 minutes or less. (Sorry Rachel ray).
It can also be made gluten-free easily by omitting the pasta and the flour.
This recipe was inspired after a full days work and not wanting to dirty another pot. I was pleased that it could be done and was tasty too! So, I want to share the quick and easy weeknight recipe with you here.
Using thin angel hair pasta, the dish is ready in a flash. After a quick sauté of the chicken, the tomatoes get added and everything goes back in the pot for a quick boil.
Prep time- 15 minutes
Cook time- 15 minutes
- ½ lb. angel hair pasta
- 1 lb. chicken bread tenders
- ½ cup flour (optional)
- 1 ping cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons basil, sliced
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Prepare the flour for your chicken if you would like to dredge chicken in flour. Add ½ teaspoon salt and a little pepper to the flour. I personally think it makes the chicken more tasty and adds a little body to the sauce.
- In a large deep saucepan, heat the oil and when its hot add the breaded chicken tenders. Cook a couple minute until both sides are brown and then set aside. ( you will cook them more in a minute)
- In the same pan, lower the heat and add the garlic. Sauté for a couple seconds and then add the tomatoes, 1 cup water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then add the chicken back to the pan. Add more water if needed until water comes ¾ the way up to the chicken. Boil 2 minutes, submerging chicken in liquid, then add the pasta. Add the remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Then, cover with lid or with foil and cook another 2 minutes, stirring once or twice to separate strands. Pasta is done when it has a little bite to it.
- Stir in the basil at the last minute. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, freshly grated black pepper and cheese if desired.