If you’re reading this, you have probably already awakened to knowing that there is a better way to live. Something about inner peace resonates with you and you just want a gentle reminder on how to connect again.
Ask someone “what is happiness?” and you’ll get lots of different answers, at least on the surface. What most of us can agree on is that happiness is good relationships, financial standing, and health.
I’m really here just as a reminder and encourager as I am going through the process too, and probably always will be. Some times are harder than others and coming back to this list helps me reset on a few things and stay more “along the journey” focused than in doom and gloom territory emotionally.
So again this is just a guide. Something else might work better for you. Listen to your inner being. Questions follow at the end to help get you thinking about next steps.
How to simplify life and live a more deeply satisfying life
This both includes our internal relationships and outward relationships with loved ones, or even as perceived as society.
- less societal expectations of “success”
- less societal expectations of “a good life”- she’s full of contradictions
- selfish in a good way
- stay naturally confident
- eliminate debt
- downsize home
- get rid of some belongings
- want/need less and discover along the way
- spend less
- own less
- savor the moment
- stay playful and lighthearted
- slow down to enjoy life
- live a more simple life (require less and savor what you have more, especially the people you have)
- elevate my everyday life into an art form
- rediscover the “joie de vivre” of French culture/eating (small courses over big meals)
- lingering at the table
- conversation over excellent food
- slowing down when eating/chewing
- smaller portions but more courses
- discover family meals
Questions/exercises for thought:
Best to get a pen and paper or notepad on your computer for these exercises
1. Play the “wouldn’t it be nice if…” game. There is probably something troubling you or something you want right now. Identify it, and then go into dreamy land and write what that life would look like if you got what you wanted and dreamed of. What would your morning look like, your relationships, your emotions…Write it as vividly as you can for at least 5 minutes.
3. Ask yourself, when was the last time I really felt joyful and alive? Savor and taste that memory again. How can you add more of those joyful moments to your life?
4. Ask for help. Not from people. Get a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle. On one side put all the things you want to get done today. On the other side, put all the things you want the universe to help you with. Then, just focus on what you can do today.