This recipe is a family and special friend’s favorite. It is what everyone always asks for when they are at my house for breakfast or brunch. This is what I will make for my mother on Mother’s Day. You can use any or a combination of fresh, frozen or canned fruits mixed with a tiny amount of jam or jelly (sweetened or unsweetened). We fold it in thirds with the outside edges overlapping in the center and sprinkle powdered sugar on top and a dollop of whipped cream or topping.
This recipe makes one very large serving and can easily be divided in half. You can also double, triple or quadruple it based on how many cast iron skillets you have. It makes a lovely breakfast, brunch, luncheon or late night snack.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- ½ Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 F degrees. Place butter or margarine in a 10-12 inch cast iron skillet or a heavy baking dish. Place skillet in the oven and allow butter or margarine to melt.
2. Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth.
3. When skillet is very hot and butter or margarine is melted, make sure the entire inside of the skillet is greased. Pour in all of the batter and place in the oven.
4. Cook until pancake is set and puffy, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven.
Place pancake on plate. For Dutch Baby style, sprinkle with powdered sugar and sever with fresh lemon wedges. You can serve a side of applesauce, lingonberries or other fruit.
Or use any fresh fruit or combination sweetened with melted jam or jelly if desired, place on top of pancake and fold in opposite sides of pancake to form a roll (you may need to use toothpicks to hold sides in place), sprinkle with powdered sugar.
For Nutrition Facts on Egg Pancakes, please visit Shape Up America!
One thought on “Egg Pancakes”
Yum! I think this is the easiest way to make pancake. Thanks for the recipe.I have this soy milk in the fridge. Just wondering if that is okay to use this milk to this recipe.How to Make Sweet Potato Fries