This is for one of those busy weeknights. You only have 30 minutes start to finish with cleaning and everything!
It comes together in a jiffy and it holds over the next day really well. Serve it over pasta or in a sandwich.
Weeknight Turkey Bolognese
Ingredients (for 4):
- 1 lb. Ground lean turkey
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ¼ white onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Fresno chile, sliced in thin rounds
- 1-2 cups marinara sauce
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil. When hot, add chopped onion, chile, turkey and garlic. Sauté until turkey is no longer pink. Break up the turkey as it cooks with a spatula or wooden spoon. Add salt and some pepper as you cook it.
- Once turkey is cooked through and no longer pink, add marinara sauce. Heat through until it bubbles for a couple minutes.
- Serve over pasta, salad or sandwich.