I made this for my dairy-free friends when I was serving tiramisu. It went over well! It’s super simple to make. Hope you enjoy.
You can use a outdoor grill or use a grill pan like I did indoors. You might not get the same grill marks but it works.
INGREDIENTS (for 1)
- 1 peach, preferably freestone
- Olive oil or melted butter
- 1 scoop raspberry sorbet
- Gas or charcoal grill
- Sharp knife
- Prepare the grill. Light a gas grill to medium heat. If you’re cooking over charcoal, grill the peaches after everything else has been grilled (but clean grill well)
- Halve and pit the peaches. Run a sharp knife along each peach’s seam to halve them. Remove the pit and brush each cut side with olive oil or melted butter.
- Grill cut-side down, over medium heat, for 4 to 5 minutes. Place the peaches cut-side down on the grill and cook undisturbed until grill marks appear, 4 to 5 minutes. The key is a patient, medium heat.
- Flip the peaches and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the peaches and grill until the skins are charred and the peaches are soft, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Plate the peach. Remove from the grill. Place peach cut side up on dish. Put a scoop of raspberry sorbet on top of the peach and serve immediately since it starts to melt.