I made this dish the other day for weekly meal prep and served it with grilled chicken. But the salad is a meal in itself! It’s really addicting and filling, so here’s the recipe. Save the recipe for potlucks! Get a fun Spotify playlist because there’s a bit of chopping to do. I recommend ‘Unwind 00s’.
Israeli Couscous Salad
- 1 cup Israeli couscous (I used turmeric Israeli couscous)
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped small
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”; amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “chefjoannas20-20”; amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = “bottom”; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “search”; amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”; amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”; amzn_assoc_region = “US”; amzn_assoc_title = “Shop Related Products”; amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = “rice select israeli couscous”; amzn_assoc_default_category = “All”; amzn_assoc_linkid = “8f98fd7e4f75ede250ea09d264b33c79”;
- Cook Israeli couscous. Bring water to a boil, add salt and pour in couscous. Cook 8-10 minutes with lid- on simmer (or follow package directions). Then let cool completely.
- Meanwhile chop all your ingredients. Add to cooled down couscous. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Will keep 3-4 days in fridge.
More Salad Favorites:
- Moroccan Carrot Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Arugula
- Roasted Beets with Pistachio, Herbs, and Orange
To your wholesome & healthy life,