Okay, I admit when you think of Thanksgiving, Greek Salad is not the first thing that comes to mind. But, when you grow up half-Armenian and half-Mexican, you don’t expect a typical Thanksgiving.
Now, you get to reap the benefit of me typing it here! Enjoy.
It includes quite a bit of spices and I’m usually a minimalist, but trust me its WORTH it. It’s the best Greek Salad dressing.
Every Thanksgiving Greek Salad
Ingredients for dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¾ tsp. Garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. Dried oregano
- ¾ tsp. Dried basil
- ½ tsp. Honey mustard
- ½ tsp. Dried parsley
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
Ingredients for salad:
- 3 tomatoes (Roma)
- 1/4 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1 large cucumber or 2 small ones
- 5-6 pitted green olives
- 1 red or green bell pepper (red preferred)
- 3 oz. (85g) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 bags romaine lettuce
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”; amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “chefjoannas20-20”; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”; amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”; amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”; amzn_assoc_region = “US”; amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks”; amzn_assoc_linkid = “60017fc1598c0d1bdbdba4363bea9771”; amzn_assoc_asins = “B076HN9Z8Z,B0088D4N7M,B017LJ70A0,B07RLYR133,B01NBMPHYV,B00009ZK07,B0001WN9OG,B00005MEGN”;
1. CAN DO THIS DAYS BEFORE: For the dressing, place all the ingredients together in a small bowl or jar with lid. Whisk mixture until combined or shake up. Cover with lid and set aside in the refrigerator. Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
(Once the dressing sits in the fridge, the oil will solidify and look cloudy. Don’t throw it out! This is normal. Just take the dressing out of the fridge and let it come to room temp 10-30 minutes. Shake it up and its ready to go)
2. Prepare the salad. Gather the cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, and red onion. Peel the cucumber lengthwise, spacing it out skinned and non-skinned. Chop the cucumber into small cubes.
3. Cut the tomatoes into the same small cubes, as you did with the cucumber.
4. Remove the stem from the bell pepper by either cutting the pepper in half, or cutting around the stem. Remove the seeds. Slice very small strips skin side on the cutting board and stabilize the pepper.
5. Remove the skin from the ¼ red onion and slice very very small strips just like the bell pepper. Make sure they are very thin because large pieces of just raw onion become a very strong flavor. Gather your prepared ingredients in a bowl. Set aside and wrap for the refrigerator, if you are not planning to assemble and serve salad right away.
More Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes:
This post contains affiliated links. Please read my disclosure page.