|with chocolate chips|
|plain with sesame seeds on top|
Daryl and I met a few years ago while we were traveling the world. We instantly hit it off, not just because our Mediterranean backgrounds, but our love for baking (which maybe is a Mediterranean thing, too).
7-Ingredient Dairy-Free Challah by Daryl
Ingredients for 1 loaf:
– 2 tsp. (1packet) active dry yeast
– 1 tsp. honey, plus 3 Tbsp.
– ⅔ cup warm water
– ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tsp. salt
– 2 eggs, plus 1 for egg wash
– 4ish cups of flour (more like 3.5)
1. In a medium bowl, mix yeast, 1 tsp. honey, and water together. Wait for yeast to get foamy to make sure its activated
Just a sneak peak! 👀Thank you @daryls15 for teaching me how to make this delicious Challah bread. 👩🏻🍳Every recipe we make together is a total hit! We baked and cooked so much together along our travels that baking again together (digitally) made life seem a little more normal at this time. Stay tuned for the video how-to for Challah I’ll be posting here. You should really try it. It’s dairy-free too! . Thank you Daryl! 🤗🤗 this is truly delicious gift you shared with me today! . #challah #jewishfood #dairyfree #bread #onlinecooking #quarantineandbake
More Jewish favorites by Daryl: