Today @connor.cooks and I made a Southern Californian favorite 🌴🏄🏽♂️ on Instagram Live – Ultimate Breakfast Burrito!
Connor made a beef machaca one and a bacon one with potatoes and cheese. I made mine similar but added a great hot sauce from @athomehungryandhungryathome and some avocado on top.
Breakfast Burritos are a great way to use up leftovers and give them a second life. For vegetarians, get your roasted or sautéed greens from the day before and put them in your eggs for a healthy breakfast burrito that will keep you charged for much of the day.
Another thanks to Connor who taught us this recipe and has been a regular on the show. His recipes are guaranteed simple and family friendly and are always a hit in the show. I was so happy to hear that @connor.cooks is finally getting published. Check Connor’s stories to catch his first published work! He wrote about his signature dish. Follow him and find out!
ULTIMATE BREAKFAST BURRITO
- 1 large tortilla
- 4 mini potatoes, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 5 Canadian bacon slices
- Chipotle-mayo (optional)
- 3 eggs
- Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ avocado
- 1 Tbsp oil
1. Cook potatoes first for 5-7 minutes or cooked through with a little oil.
2. Then, push to side of the pan and cook Canadian bacon. (If using regular bacon, cook bacon first, then potatoes.)
3. Then, whip eggs in bowl and pour into pan. Top eggs with green onions. Cook for a couple minutes to your liking.
4. Heat the tortilla until softened.
5. Then, spread mayo on tortilla first, then eggs, bacon, and potatoes. Add sliced avocado on top and cheese. Fold up as tightly as possible and then place burrito in pan to melt cheese. Slice fat burrito on the diagonal.