Thank you Minimalist Baker for this great recipe ( I changed it slightly)! See the original here.
I hate soaking cashews to make vegan dressings and sauces, and this recipe avoids that! But, you still get that creamy texture you’re going after.
The secret ingredient:
Enjoy this simple recipe and enjoy Caesar salad whether you’re vegan or not!
Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
For 2-3 people
- 1/4 cup plain hummus (store-bought or DIY)
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2-3 Tbsp. lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tsp capers (finely minced or smashed)
- 1 tsp garlic (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 tsp. maple syrup (optional)
1. In a small mixing bowl, add hummus, mustard, lemon zest and juice, minced capers, garlic, and whisk to combine well. Stream in the olive oil while whisking.
2. Add a little hot water to thin out if needed and whisk until creamy. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Add in maple syrup if using.
3. Use immediately, or store in refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Serve it on romaine, kale, or arugula. It also goes great on roasted vegetables like Brusssels sprouts and potatoes. I like to top my salad with some Parm (or vegan parm) and sunflower seeds.