The first time I learned this recipe was when I was working at the Wellness Kitchen at the Four Seasons. All the recipes were approved by a dietician and made healthier.
Sounds taste-less and like boring health food, but it wasn’t! She still managed to pack in a lot of flavor despite making substitutions.
If I don’t feel like making 20 or so meatballs, then I’ll just shape them into turkey burgers. Then, I can add tzatziki sauce or hummus if I’m tired of Italian. But, these are great.
You just bake them on a baking sheet (use parchment for easy clean up). Then, serve with marinara sauce and pasta or your favorite gluten-free alternative.
Turkey Meatballs Al Forno
- ¼ cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese,
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- Sprinkle of dried red pepper flakes
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- organic canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1 qt store-bought or homemade marinara sauce*
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (optional)