I will preface this recipe with my mistake. I was lazy and didn’t crush the cornflakes. It still worked, but highly recommend crushing them to get a fully crunchy exterior.
This 6-ingredient recipe is a real winner with kids and adults of all ages. The combination of honey and dijon mustard makes it an irresistible spicy-sweet sensation. The added texture and nuttiness of the pecans satisfy that craving you have for fried food, but baked!
I’m so happy to find any leftovers in the fridge the next day to put on a salad, although they usually all get eaten.
For this recipe, I would recommend getting chicken tenders so you don’t have to cut any chicken and dirty a cutting board. They are already in a nice, manageable size and because they are so small, they cook super quick in the oven, about 25 minutes.
Honey-Pecan Crusted Chicken
- 1 lb. chicken tenders or breast cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
Organic Canola or olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix the honey and Dijon. Microwave for 10 seconds to loosen honey. Whisk together.
4. In a shallow bowl, mix the cornflake crumbs, salt, cayenne pepper, and pecans.
5. First, dip each chicken strip in the honey-mustard mix and shake off excess. Then, coat the chicken in the cornflake mixture.
6. Place breaded chicken onto the baking sheet, and continue with remaining chicken strips.
7. Spray chicken lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and juices in chicken run clear when pricked.