In need of some appetizer ideas for summer bbqs? Here is a keto, gluten-free friendly recipe for all your friends and family. All you need are some peppers, cheese, olive oil, and balsamic. They are best grilled, but I crank the oven up and they’re done in 20 minutes.
I got these peppers from Trader Joe’s and when they cook in the oven they are so sweet! They really don’t need much done to them.
One of the best things about this appetizer is that they are great hot or room temperature. The cheese can be too hot anyway straight from the oven- they are better cooled down a bit. If you want to reheat them, that’s easy too. Can you think of a better pair to hot dogs, hamburgers or grilled meat, than cheesy peppers? At least its one way the men in my family will eat more vegetables!
- 1 lb. sweet baby peppers
- 5 oz. mozzarella cheese or feta, chopped small
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black peppers
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or greased foil.
2. Clean the peppers. Slice off the tops and discard. Then, using a small knife, remove the seeds the best you can. Nothing bad will happen if you eat them, but I prefer them with no seeds.
3. Then, stuff each pepper with cheese to fill 3/4 way up the pepper. Place stuffed peppers on baking sheet.
4. Drizzle the olive oil, vinegar on top of the peppers and season with salt and pepper. Massage into the peppers briefly.
5. Place in the upper third of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the skin wrinkles a bit and some of the cheese browns. Serve warm or reheat a few minutes in the oven. before serving.