This recipe is for a homemade pesto. I made this when I was traveling and didn’t even have a blender, so it took a good amount of work. Luckily, you can blend these ingredients and have it done in a couple seconds. This is a bright and lemon-y pesto sauce that’s perfect for spring or summer. It also keeps well in the fridge.
This recipe is easily made vegan without the addition of the cheese.
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. fusili or bowtie pasta
- 2 lbs. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut in small pieces
- 2 lbs. spinach
- 3 teaspoons, garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese (optional)
- 2 large bunches parsley
- 3-5 cloves, garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
1. Mix all the ingredients for pesto. Chop by hand or pulse in a blender. Set aside.
2. Boil pasta. When slightly cool, mix pesto into pasta.
3. Saute vegetables in a large frying pan with a little garlic. Start with mushrooms, then asparagus, then spinach. Do them separately. Add the veggies to the pasta.
4. Serve pasta with chicken if desired. Top with cherry tomatoes and a dollop of ricotta cheese.
View this post on Instagram
4 Most Popular Green Sauces you Should Know— all have about 5 ingredients or less. With a simple blender or food processor you can make these sauces to marinate proteins or vegetables, serve as a dipping sauce or as a condiment to bring a brightness to your meal. Most are primarily herbs which are full of antioxidants and great nutrition! So, try a green sauce today. It’s also a great way to use herbs that might be on their way out- so don’t throw them out. . Simple recipes below. ✈️🌎⤵️ . —Salsa verde🇲🇽- boil chiles, tomatillos, piece of onion in a little water for a couple minutes and then blend. Add cilantro. Great for shrimp, fish and all tacos. . —Chimichurri 🇦🇷- chop up parsley, cilantro, garlic, olive oil and red wine vinegar. Mix together. Great for steak or grilled veg. . —Pesto🇮🇹- blend basil, pine or walnuts, cheese, garlic and olive oil. Great for pasta, chicken, veggies. . —Sauce verte🇫🇷- blend herbs like parsley, chervil, tarragon, garlic, and lemon juice then stir into mayo. Great for fried potatoes and grilled fish. . #simplecooking #cooking #cheflife #bluezoneskitchen #healthycooking #herbs #greensauce #chimichurri #salsaverde #pesto #sauceverte #keto #plantbased #eatclean #greensauce #pestopasta #quickrecipes #marinade #grilled #california #garden #socalliving #onlinecooking #glutenfree #glutenfreerecipes #simplecookingcookingshow