Quesadillas are great treats that you can use to pack in more nutrition for your kids. The cheese in this recipe helps overcome any unexpected flavors from vegetables! In this recipe, mix the cheese with the butternut squash puree, (all orange colored) so the healthy food is not so obvious to the picky eaters! With the addition of hummus, you have a great snack that is very filling. You can also add shredded chicken, low salt turkey breast, or a lean cut of ham to increase the protein content. Simple and nutritious, I hope you find this a great go-to recipe in your recipe repertoire.
Quesadillas (Serves 2)
- 4 tablespoons plain hummus
- 4 tablespoons butternut squash puree (you can find this in the baby food aisle or you can also puree cooked butternut squash)
- 4 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes or salsa (optional)
- cooking spray