This was a shining time. In 3 1/2 minutes, this little sweet treat is ready, compared to 45 minutes in the oven! I was doubtful it would work because I am not a big friend of the microwave, but I was gladly surprised. It is so simple and quick and looks luscious. Its just apple, cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar. I am a lover of cinnamon; I did a 12-page report in college about its health benefits, so its nice to indulge in a sweet treat that can be good for you too. I hope you enjoy, you can get creative by adding some ground clove, nutmeg, or grated orange, and raisins, and ice cream, or just keep it simple and elegant.
Ingredients (for 1 apple)
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t butter (I prefer vegan butter, named Earth Balance)
1. Peel and core apple. Don’t worry this is the most work you have to do.
2. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. Fill apple cavity with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Top with butter.
4. Microwave for 3 1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave let rest for at least a minute and baste with juices on plate. Top with walnuts or other fixings if you like.
What's in the Fridge? by Chef Joanna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.