I’m always on the lookout for great gluten-free breakfasts for the families I cook for. I usually make muffins so I decided to change it up this week with breakfast cookies. These cookies came out amazing. It wouldn’t please every picky kid but adults love them.
I forgot to add the oats the first time I made them and they were just as delicious and less grainy (both pictures above).
I’d say I prefer without oats because the cookie holds together better. Add oats or not it’s up to you. Both are still as tasty. FIBER Packed!
Gluten-free Healthy Breakfast Cookies
Ingredients (makes 12-15 cookies)
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats (optional)
- 1/4 cup almond flour (can sub any type of flour)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame or flax seeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (*or flax egg)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix together until well combined
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop evenly sized cookies onto the baking sheet. Wet your hands and Press down with your hands (these cookies won’t spread)
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.