It comes together easily. And, it’s a great bowl to ring in the spring and summer! It’s light, fresh and everyone can make their own bowl. Maybe it’s the new Taco night!?
Here are the ingredients I used, but feel free to use your favorite veggies. The sauce is optional. You can easily just drizzle some sesame oil, lime juice and soy sauce right on top in a hurry.
Sushi Bowl (sin sushi)
- ½ cup spinach or other dark leafy green
- ½ cup edamame (boiled 4 minutes from freezer)
- ½ cup cooked rice
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ½ red or yellow pepper
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. nori flakes (blend for flakes)
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- cilantro for garnish
Peanut-Ginger Miso Dressing:
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. miso
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon, lime, or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
(this sauce is great for dipping spring rolls too)
- Blend seaweed in a dry blender to make cool flakes. set aside.
- Blend the peanut ginger iso dressing ingredients.
- Make the rice. Then, top rice with greens and all the other ingredients. Drizzle sauce over. Top with nori flakes and sesame.
This post contains affiliated links. Please read my disclosure page.