The past couples days I have had to go within to process everything. But, cooking again reminded me how much I love cooking and how it centers me.
Today, I decided to experiment in some gluten-free cooking. I am not gluten-free myself, but many people ask me about GF recipes, especially pizza dough.
So, today I set out to make Sweet Patatoast and GF Cauliflower Pizza. Yes, the pizza worked out great and it was delicious, but if you are looking for an exact match to pizza, this will disappoint. The base of this pizza is cauliflower and cheeses and its delicious in a patty way, but not a pizza way. Now that I tried it out, I would rather make mini pizzas and serve them as appetizers. They hold up better when they are smaller and are pretty rich from the cheeses.
I got this idea from going to Malibu Farm, a restaurant in Malibu I used to go to back in the day. I don’t know how they make it, but people love it.
I’m super happy with this Cauliflower Pizza because it got golden brown and its very flavorful, but I do want to experiment with different flours like Tapioca flour to get a more equal substitute to pizza.
Here’s the recipe I used. See the video how-to at the bottom or my instagram page @chefjoannas
Cauliflower Pizza Base
Ingredients (Makes 1 small pizza):
- 10 oz frozen riced cauliflower
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place frozen cauliflower on parchment on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes or it dries out a little. Then, let cool a few minutes. This dries out the cauliflower a bit so it crisps up better.
- Place the riced cauliflower in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix and then spread mixture onto a parchment paper on a baking sheet (you can use the parchment you already used). Spread thin to ¼ inch or thinner. Or do mini pizzas.
- Turn up the oven to 425 F. Place pizza in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, after 15 minutes, flip it over and top with sauce or toppings of choice. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes until edges are golden brown. Enjoy!
Stay tuned for the Sweet Potatoast- its one of my new favorite breakfasts!
More Gluten-Free Recipes:
- Zucchini Ripieni (Stuffed Zucchini)
- Sticky Rice with Pineapple and Ginger-Vanilla Syrup
- How to Make Homemade Vegetable Broth
To your happy and healthy life,
Did you make this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see it! @chefjoannas