Witch’s Pasta with Creepy Crawlies (Garlic Shrimp with Black Pici Pasta)
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 T butter
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ lemon
- 1 lb. pasta (fettuccine)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup parsley
- Pat shrimp dry before cooking. Defrost under cold running water for 10 min if frozen.
- In a medium sauté pan, place 1/2 of the sliced garlic with 1 T butter, 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley and a touch of oil if it’s handy- start in a *cold* pan. Then, heat gently until garlic starts to just turn golden and then add shrimp. Single layer only. Cook a couple minutes, or just till they turn pink. Then set aside cooked shrimp and repeat with remaining shrimp and garlic. Take the pan off heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until “al dente”.
- When shrimp are cooked- Don’t clean the pan! We’ll make a quick pan sauce. Put back on heat and add white wine. On high heat cook until just a spoon or two of liquid remains. (Strain if you like). Then, turn off the heat and add ½ lemon, juiced and 1 T butter and swirl in.
- Add the cooked pasta and the shrimp back into the pan. Toss together. Garnish with parsley.
View this post on Instagram
It is Hallowing time and Joanna @chefjoannas and I decided to prepare a dish that would resemble some scary shape and color! We decided to color Pici with sepia and to prepare a sauce with curled octopus and tomatoes ! . . . I am sorry but i am going to eat them now 😋🧛🏻♀️ . . . . #pici #blackpicipasta #curlyoctopus #octopus #pastasauce #foodisourpower #foodporn #f52grams #cooking #cookingclasses #live #liveoninstagram #sharinglife #sharingrecipes
This post contains affiliated links. Please read my disclosure page.