After recently making a cake with 3 cups sugar (it was so good, link posted soon!), I was feeling a little guilty. I searched for a healthier muffin recipe and landed on this amazingly simple 7-ingredient recipe. The bulk of the muffin is made up of almond butter which makes it a great choice for a morning muffin. Say goodbye to the 10 o’clock slump.
I can’t wait to change the apple for zucchini or some berries.
Can’t take the credit for this one!
A big thanks to the Natural Nurturer who created this recipe. This is more of a thanks post to her.
Prep time: 10 min; Cook time: 20-25 min.
Makes 9 muffins
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup diced apples, divided (my favorite are Granny Smith)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin tins with 9 liners
2. In a medium bowl combine all ingredients except for 1/4 cup of apples. Mix until batter is smooth.
3. Pour batter into all 9 muffin cups. Then, top with remaining apples.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out just with a few moist crumbs.
Store in fridge for up to a week.