First, a thanks to Sally’s Baking addiction. This is her recipe. I just wanted to share the recipe with you and some pictures of the lovely muffins it produced. So far, my favorite healthy blueberry muffin recipe.
My version of the recipe is below.
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1 cup (80g) old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 (156g) cups all-purpose flour (I used a 50:50 mix with wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup (120ml) honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (190g) fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw if frozen)
1. Combine oats and milk and set aside for 20 minutes. Soaking makes them rise more. Don’t skip!
2. Preheat oven to 425F (218 C). Spray a muffin tin or line with paper liners.
3. Whisk all the dry ingredients into one bowl. Mix the wet ingredients into another bowl. Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry and add all the soaked milk and oats. Stir a few times. Batter will be thick. Then, gently stir in the blueberries.
4. Divide batter into muffin tins. Then, bake for 5 minutes at 425 F, then reduce oven to 350 F (177 F) for 16-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Muffins stay fresh a few days at room temp and a week in the fridge.