Ingredients (for 60):
- 1 kg ground beef
- 1 kg onion, chopped
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 100g margarine
- Sunflower oil
- Crushed red pepper
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- Empanada Pastry- Tapas de empanadas (60). It’s best to use the oven kind, not the fried kind, since they will be less heavy.
- Boil water and place it with the ground meat in a bowl. Let sit until the meat is slightly cooked in the boiled water. Drain, and then repeat process one more time. Drain the meat.
- Meanwhile, put the chopped onion in a bowl with water to lessen its acidity.
- Place the onions in a pan, and add the margarine and enough oil to cover the entire surface of the onions, without letting them fry. Season with salt to taste, cumin (don’t overdo it), ground red pepper and paprika (for color). With a skimmer, strain the meat (leaving some of the juice in) and add in the cooked onions. Mix well. Put it in the refrigerator so that it unifes well. It is very important to t o the pastry with cold filling. Chop the eggs and add to the mix.
- Fill the empanada pastries. Seal tightly, Place in the oven at 220C or 425F until brown.