I found this recipe on Tasting Table and it looked really good. I changed it a little bit since I used bone-in thighs instead of boneless.
I loved how it smelled and the flavors were really nice. Next time I’ll use boneless thighs so I can slice up the meat like a shawarma. And then add lettuce, tomato, and onions in a pita.
I had a little extra hummus around and that just took it to the next level. Hope you enjoy it.
Recipe Adapted from: Tasting Table
Sheet-Pan Chicken Shawarma And Garlic-Lemon Potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a large bowl, toss potatoes and lemon zest with remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt. Place potatoes on baking sheet.
3. In the same bowl, toss chicken thighs with spices and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add ¾ tablespoon olive oil and turn to combine. Transfer to the pan with the potatoes. Scatter around the chicken thighs.
4. Place the baking sheet into the oven and cook until the thighs and potatoes are cooked through, 16 to 18 minutes. (If using bone-in thighs, cook for 30 minutes)
5. Remove the chicken and potatoes from oven. Let cool slightly. Serve with roasted potatoes.