Here’s the perfect breakfast meal prep. I’ve been eating them for breakfast all week. They give me energy without feeling heavy.
I love that the whole thing can be made in a blender.
Recipe adapted from Forks over knives.
These are more like “oatmeal cups” instead of muffins but they are wonderful. Perfectly sweet without any added sugars. The 2 key things for this recipe: grease the pan well, and let them rest in the pan at least 10 minutes after baking. I tried to take them out right away and they are just goey and fall apart. Keep them in the fridge. They freeze well too.
Just Blend Banana Muffins 🍌
• 4 very ripe bananas
• 2 cups oats, ground into flour
• ½ cup plant milk
• ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
• 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
• 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
• ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• ½ tablespoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• Preheat oven to 350º F.
• Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners or grease with cooking spray.
• Place oats in blender and Grind into a flour.
• Add the other dry ingredients.
• Then, add in bananas and remaining ingredients.
• Blend just until combined.
• Do not over mix.
• Pour into muffin liners filling about 2⁄3 full.
• Bake for 30-35 minutes until tops are golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
• Let sit in pan at least 10 minutes before moving otherwise it falls apart.
• Chef’s Note: Gently stir in 2 cups of frozen blueberries for blueberry banana muffins and increase baking time 8-10 minutes.
#vegan #plantbased #vegetarian #onlinecookingclass #bluezones #bluezoneskitchen #veganlife #veganfoodshare #veganfood #easydinner #easyrecipe #whatsfordinner #foodphotography #homecooking #dinnerideas #comfortfood #realfood #crueltyfree #veganinspo #plantbaseddiet #plantbasedfoodie #dairyfree #whatveganseat