Thank you for this original recipe from Pardon Your French blog.
Buckwheat crepes from Brittany
Makes 12 crepes
- 2 cups Buckwheat flour (250g)
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- water (about a cup)
1. Sift together flour and salt. place in mixing bowl and create well in the center.
2. Break an egg and mix with spoon.
3. Now, use a whisk and slowly add water until becomes smooth batter and has consistency of heavy cream.
4. Heat a 12-inch nonstick pan on medium heat. drop a little butter to coat the pan. don’t brown the butter, add ⅓ cup of the batter and swirl to cover the bottom. When bubbles form on the edges of crepes end underside is dry, flip. Cook 30 seconds on the second side.
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”; amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “chefjoannas20-20”; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”; amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”; amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”; amzn_assoc_region = “US”; amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks”; amzn_assoc_linkid = “ba45228607c5345c81cd7852e161db2a”; amzn_assoc_asins = “B000QODRF0,B00LGLHUA0,B0161EG5IE,B0000CF41U,B0000CFG5I,B0008155F6,B008H5GBXU,B00008GKDN”;
This post contains affiliated links. Please read my disclosure page.