Kids have their favorite foods and sometimes you have to be creative to get them to eat the healthier. This Grilled Cheese sandwich recipe is not only well-liked by kids but provides good nutrition too! With the addition of butternut squash or carrot, and using the trans fat free spread, we transformed this traditionally greasy sandwich into a healthier option. We hope you and your kids enjoy this lighter version!
Healthier Grilled Cheese (Serves 1)
- 4 tablespoons shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butternut squash and/or carrot puree
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1/2 teaspoon trans fat free margarine spread
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (optional)