Hi there, if you’re looking for a fun email each week like the one below, subscribe. Right now the emails are free. Cant wait to share some cooking tips and kitchen happenings with you!
Chef Joanna’s C.O.O.K.I.E. Email
(Comedy, Odd fact, Off menu recipe, Kitchen tip or tool, Inspiring, Explore)
Do you like corn?
If you do, check out CORN RIBS!
They’re “ribs” you can make by cutting corn cobs into quarters and air-frying them.
Then once they’re ready you can season them like Mexican street corn.
They look so good
Here’s how to cut up the corn
Here’s a recipe you can try
When it’s summer I love eating lighter and lots of veggies.
So here’s next up
My new oven looks like it’s been through a lot even though it’s only a few months old.
But I’ve been hesitant to clean it because I don’t wanna use chemicals.
I think the residue could get into the food when the oven’s heated.
So I found a natural way to clean it using baking soda and vinegar.
Below’s the before and after and then how you can do it too
What you need:
- Baking Soda (couple spoonfuls)
- White Wine Vinegar (couple spoonfuls)
- Plastic Scraper
- Make a paste of 1:1 baking soda to water. Just add enough water to make a paste. Then, rub that on the glass door for 15 minutes. Do this while the oven is cold.
- After 15 minutes, pour a couple tablespoons of white wine vinegar on the door. It will fizz. Use a scraper to scrape away stubborn grease. Use a sponge as needed.
- Then, use some water to wipe it all off with a rag or sponge.
Have you heard of Michelin star restaurants?
If you don’t know, they’re some of the best restaurants in the world.
They’re places that you go to on special nights like anniversaries.
But I found out that they also have restaurants in their guide that are more affordable and every day.
All you have to do is go to the Michelin website and use the price filter.
I tried it and found 14 places in Los Angeles that I’m excited to try.
So check it out and see what you find!
Zhengyalov Hatz is the first one on my list
Here’s how you can get a FREE dinner at an amazing restaurant
This summer American Express and Resy (booking app) will pay for your check.
All you have to do is book a reservation at one of these restaurants.
Check out the list below to find out where