I grew up eating a salad similar to this at one of my favorite Lebanese restaurants. I’m so happy I finally learned how to make it!
The trick is using great tomatoes and Persian cucumbers.
And add enough salt for the flavors to pop. The rest is simple.
Arabic Chopped Salad
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- 4 Persian cucumbers, chopped small
- 1 container (around 10 oz.) cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1 small handful parsley, chopped fine
- 1-2 Tbsp. Fresh mint, chopped small
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1-2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (a few pinches)
Add all chopped ingredients into a mixing bowl. Then add lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix and taste. Add more salt if you think it’s lacking flavor. The flavors get even better after it sits 30 minutes or so.
Serve with hummus, grilled vegetables or shish kebab meats.